We look forward to our 12th Annual Investment Symposium on Thursday, May 20th at the Westin in Downtown Chattanooga. As we finalize our preparations, we wanted to inform you of the following:
• Effective April 30, 2021, Hamilton County ended its mask mandate, and the State of Tennessee lifted its restrictions on attendance at indoor gatherings.
• The Westin will not require masks, but the staff at the Westin will wear masks throughout our event.
• The hors d’oeuvres will not be self-serve this year. Instead, the Westin staff will assist with preparing each plate, and many items will be offered in individual containers.
• Patten & Patten requests that all attendees wear a mask, but Patten & Patten will not enforce a mask requirement.
• Patten & Patten employees will wear masks during registration, but the speakers will not wear masks.
• Patten & Patten will coordinate with the Westin regarding configuration of tables and chairs in our best efforts to socially distance. Depending on the number of people who attend, however, social distancing could prove challenging.
• Patten & Patten requests that you not attend if you are not fully vaccinated or protected through recovery from a prior infection and a) you have been exposed to COVID-19 on or after May 10, 2021 or b) you are symptomatic on or after May 15, 2021 (i.e., common symptoms include fever or chills; body aches; persistent cough; loss of sense of taste or smell).
• As in the past, we will record the event and post the video on our web site. We will also email the transcript and slides.
• If you have yet to RSVP, please email Angela Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 423.424.4105.
We are developing our themes, and we are excited about the opportunity to see many of you in person. We hope our event encourages you to venture out. However, we also appreciate that these protocols might not be satisfactory for some of you. Patten & Patten’s objective is to host an event in a prudent yet practical manner. We will, of course, respect anybody’s decision to skip our 2021 Symposium, and we look forward to seeing all of you at our event in 2022, if not much sooner.